◆ Pet Cat Chapter 1: Elementary School Arc

Prev        Table of Contents       Next 

 My name is Tamako Onodera, just an ordinary corporate slave OL who could be found anywhere. If I had to say something that sets me apart, it would be that I really like girls’ love stories - yuri stuff than anyone else!

 But right now, I’m so exhausted that I don’t even have the energy to joke about it.

 Haah, work is so tough... Returning home on the last train every day is just too much.

 Why do I have to go through all this just to live as a human...? In my next life, I wanna be a houseplant that watches over a yuri couple’s lovey-dovey life...

 Walking on the dark road from the station to my home near the coast, I feel the cold sea breeze.

 My only pleasure in this life is reading yuri manga during my commute.

 As I walk while fiddling with my phone, I checked for any updated mangas. Ooh, it seems The Daily Life of an Honor Student and Gyaru had been updated today!

 This is a story about a girl who has a chance encounter with a gyaru, and as their friendship deepens, they gradually develop a subtle romantic feelings. Starting from elementary school arc, followed by middle school arc, and now entering high school arc. It is a masterpiece that captures the tranquil passage of time without any dull moments. Yuri fans tend to talk fast about their favorite things, and I’m not an exception, when it comes to Honor-Gyaru (abbreviation), I am very talkative. Because, you see, the protagonist here is just too adorable and her gyaru counterpart is such a lovely girl and the night pool chapter was so incredibly precious I mean as long as such a gentle world exists in fiction I can keep going on this dirty Earth I think. Aaah, no good no good. I wanna read today’s update, but I can’t! Because once I read it, it’ll be over, and that’s just too painfulll, but I wanna read it, but, aah, my hands, my hands are doing it on their own――.

 While walking and staring at my phone with these thoughts, I unknowingly arrived at the pier and tripped on something, falling into the ocean. I died at the age of 25.

 I don’t mind dying! But at least let me read the update! I just wanted to read the update!

 

 

 But I―― who should have been dead, suddenly woke up.

 A hospital? Did I survived? No, this is outdoors.

 What’s going on? I should be alive, but something feels off with my body. I have my hands and legs, and I can see with my eyes, but my back seems to have shrunk quite a bit...

 I peer into the night ocean from the pier, making sure not to fall in this time.

 There’s a single kitten there. Funyaa!?

 

 I thought I’d wake up in my bed after a nap, but I didn’t. When morning came, I’m still a calico cat, wrapped in fluffy fur.

 Come to think of it, when I tripped earlier, I stumbled over something that seemed to be this cat. I remember hearing a Funya!? kind of sound.

 Maybe I accidentally stepped on it? I’m sorry...

 But what should I do now...? My apartment key is in my drowned corpse’s pocket, so I should contact my family for now...

 Contact? How?

 I don’t even have my smartphone, and fingerprint recognition seems difficult with a paw.

 Will I be a stray for a while...? Can an ordinary corporate slave like me survive like this...? It’s too worrying.

 For now, Since the pier is cold, let’s head towards my apartment first...

 And so my second life - or rather, my cat life began.

 

 

 My cat life is already in a desperate crisis.

 While walking on the right side of the sidewalk, I meowed in pain. Nyaa.

 My stomach is... my stomach is empty...

 This is not the metaphorical “Yuri fan needs to consume yuri manga to live” kind of hunger, but a serious one.

 Kittens need a lot of energy to grow but have small stomachs, so they need to eat several times a day.

 If they can’t do that, what happens? Go to hell! That’s what.

 Ugh, can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs. Is scavenging leftover food my only option...?

 However, when I tried entering a shopping street with noticeable stores, I feel gazes from all around. Is this... the glare of stray cats!?

 Ah, no, no, uhm, I’m not here to disturb your territory, not at all, not at all. Hehe, sorry for the intrusion, newcomer here. Hehehe.

 The cat world is harsh too...

 No, even if I could find leftovers, there’s no way I, a former human, could stick my head into a garbage bag and eat like that...

 What do stray cats eat? Pigeons? And... um, those creatures that have been around since ancient times...?

 No, no, no way no way no way!

 There’s no way I can eat those things!

 Eh, wait, am I seriously stuck? Isn’t a cat supposed to live a life where it can laze in sunny spots all day long, sleep whenever it wants, and eat when it feels like it? But right now, I’m in a desperate dead or alive situation.

 This is bad, and now it started raining.

 My body heat is rapidly being taken away by the large raindrops falling from the sky.

 It’s so cold… so cold...

 My body is heavy and tired; my stomach growls with hunger. This is terrible...

 On top of that, once I get wet, there’s no way to dry off... There isn’t a hairdryer nor clean towels lying around outside. Ah, somehow, my head is getting fuzzy because of the cold…

 Plop.

 Right in front of my apartment building, I finally became unable to move another step.

 If only I could go inside – there would be a warm bath and surely something inside the fridge…

 Aah... if only I had known.... this would happen… all those yuri manga I saved… I should’ve just finish... them... gahh

 And thus ended my (really) short cat life.

 ――Bad End 1 “Beware of Walking While Using Your Smartphone”

 

 

 But then――

 An enticing smell made me lift my head.

 This is... chicken meat.... The smell of chicken meat!

 In front of me is a tupperware filled with what looked like soaked chunks of chicken meat. W-What is this? Am I in some kind of chicken paradise? I quickly bite them, completely forgetting to be cautious. Delicious! Chicken meat is so delicious!

 As I devoured the food enthusiastically, an enormous palm rests atop my head. Ooh?

 I turn my head and looked upwards. There, I see a young girl.

 A slender girl with shoulder-length black hair, probably around the upper grades of elementary school. Her round, large black eyes were filled with curiosity as she stared intently at me eating. They were like mirrors, reflecting my appearance so clearly.

 She’s not exactly an extraordinarily beautiful girl, but she’s a lovely girl with a mysterious charm that attracted people.

 Wait a minute... I feel like I’ve seen her before...

 Oh yeah! She’s the one who recently moved in next door... Miyu Hanazaki, was it? She came over to greet me when she moved in a few months ago.

 Wrapped in a bath towel, I found myself inside a warm house. This is a living room with a unusually high ceiling, but I realized that was because of my shrunken form. The cold rain couldn’t reach me here. It felt as if nothing could threaten me.

 Miyu smiled kindly at me.

“You can eat all of it, `kay?”

 It finally dawns on me what happened; this girl saved me when I collapsed.

 Thank you so much! Thanks to you, I narrowly escaped death. I am deeply grateful... Such words expressing gratitude were replaced by cat noises. Nyaa nyaa.

 Well, if I could actually speak, that would cause even bigger problems...

 Just when I felt relieved, I was attacked again by that intense hunger again. I plunged my head into the wet kitten food and started munching away. Whether my taste buds changed or it was just because of hunger, the food tasted so good it brought tears to my eyes.

“Is it tasty?”

 Miyu happily asked. I responded with another meow. Nyaa.

 Ugh... It’s delicious, so delicious!

 It feels great to be alive!

 

 After eating and feeling sleepy from relief, Miyu carried me to the bathroom. Being held by a small child felt strange yet comforting at the same time.

“We should make sure you don’t catch a cold, `kay?”

 Miyu turned on the shower, letting warm water cascade onto me. This situation of being naked and cared for by a little girl is... Somehow, it felt incredibly dangerous... Such thoughts float in my mind, but I was powerless to resist

 The warm water felt nice... But, what is this? There’s also something unsettling...

 The continuous flow of water from above feels heavy like the rain. Unable to wash away the awful memories from earlier, I instinctively pulled away from Miyu’s hand.

 Leaping up to a high spot, I found myself facing a bathtub filled with rippling water.

 Dizziness washed over me. The piercing coldness of that time when I fell into the night ocean engulfed my body――

“Nyaaaa......”

“K-Kitty!?”

 As my head spun, I ended up vomiting right there in the bathtub. Overwhelmed by sadness at having dirtied the tub, my consciousness began to fade.

 Ugh, I’m so sorry… But please, please don’t abandon mee!

 

 

 That night at Hanazaki household, a small family meeting took place.

“Hey, Papa? Mama…? it’s okay, right...?”

 Naturally, the topic was whether or not they could keep me as their pet.

 Though their apartment allows pets; keeping a cat would cost both time and money. Yet I still desperately appealed. Briefly, I considered writing “Please! I’ll do anything!” with a pencil clenched between my teeth – but ultimately decided against it as it would seem creepy.

 Instead (though not exactly), I continued to give off the mood that I’ll be obedient, I won’t scratch, and so on. Whether or not my intention had been conveyed remained unclear; however, I still continue to pleade with soft meows, nyaaa… This is undoubtedly what one might call “the cat voice that melts hearts.”

 Turns out, Papa and Mama were very kind to the timid Miyu.

They hardly objected at all, saying things like, “Well, it can’t be helped,” or “Don’t fuss over her too much since she’s still small.”

 I overjoyed. If they had abandoned me, I would have died! Thank you! Thank you so much! I’ll serve you for the rest of my life!

 And so, I became a freeloader.

 A life as a pet cat with a fifth-grade girl as my master.

 Of course, I was extremely cautious and skittish in the beginning. Afraid that if something went wrong, they might abandon me. But the Hanazaki family weren’t the kind of people who’d easily cast out a cat once they picked it up. They pampered me and treated me well – like a princess... or rather, it’s cat princess here.

 What i got was a dreamlike life where I can laze in sunny spots all day long, sleep whenever I wanted, and eat whenever I like it.

 Moreover, whenever Miyu was around, we played together non-stop. I could even lick her fingers or thighs... But such acts was too criminal so I lacked the courage, but if I did it, no one would arrest me...

 Despite having prepared myself for death at one point, this is an incredible turnaround!

 Aahh... Truly― I’m so happyyyy!

 

 

 A week has passed since starting this pet cat life.

I’m home, says Miyu as she returns with her backpack on her shoulders.

 She’s not exactly always brimming with energy every day, but today my master’s face looked darker than usual. I know this because I have spent my time watching only her expressions. I wonder what happened?

 Nyaa, nyaa? As I gently tap the firm knee of the fifth-grader with my paw (※Legal since I am a cat), Miyu weakly strokes my cheek.

“Tama-chan... Tama-chan won’t go anywhere, right....?”

 Eh? of course not! More like, I’ll always be fully taken care of by you!

 By the way, while my real name is Tamako Onodera, my current name being Tama is just a coincidence. It’s not some foreshadowing or anything, just forget about it.

You know, Miyu starts to talk hesitantly.

 She said she hasn’t been able to make friends since transferring schools.

 She wants to do something about it, but she doesn’t know what to do.

“But I have you, Tama-chan… So it’s okay, I don’t really feel lonely.”

 My tail stands straight up as her hand gently strokes my head.

 Her parents both work late and don’t come home until nighttime. Miyu always eats dinner alone, she usually microwaves the bento box her mom left for her.

 Her parents were happy that she seemed brighter after I came... I see, so that’s why they agreed so easily for me to stay with them.

 Somehow, I felt that this couldn’t continue.

 If I were human, I would be lovey-dovey with the fifth grader next door in a mutually dependent relationship, and that’s would be seriously insane. But there’s nothing that can be done by me as a pet cat...

 At the very least, I wanted to encourage Miyu, so I let out a cheer. Nyaan.

 It’s okay, Miyu is very kind-hearted and has good manners. Plus, she’s such a lovely girl – making friends will happen in no time! Right? You have my guarantee!

 Miyu gave off a faint smile.

“Are you trying to encourage me…? Ehehe, thank you, Tama-chan…”

 Ahh~~, Miyu is so cute~~! Please take care of me until I die~~~!

 

 

 One day, I overheard Papa-san talking to Mama-san with a serious face.

“Did you know? It seems like our neighbor Onodera-san hasn’t been returning to her home lately. Apparently, she’s been telling her family that she’s going on a journey to find the Yuri Paradise since she can’t take it anymore, or something.”

“Yuri Paradise...? Could it be in China...?”

 What a crazy person... Maybe she worked sixteen hours a day and seeing things that weren’t there...

 And that’s how the disappearance of Tamako Onodera easily became an unsolved mystery. Don’t worry, Mom and Dad. I am now living a life where I flatter my fifth-grade master for three meals and naps included while being poked around by her hands. It’s wonderful.

 More importantly, Miyu had some exciting news to share.

“Hey, Tama-chan, Tama-chan,”

 What is it~?

“When I talked about you at school today, one of my classmates said she wanted to come see you! And so… She’s coming over to play at our house!”

 Ooh! Great job Miyu!

 In place of applause, I clapped my paws on the ground.

“Waah! Thank you Tama-chaan!”

 She hugged me tightly. A sweet milk-like scent enveloped me from her soft fifth-grader body. Ah… This is dangerous, dangerous. Such a lovely smell. What’s more, cats have thousands of times better sense of smell than humans! My whole body feels like its ascending into heaven wrapped up in Miyu’s embrace. This is bad, it’s almost like a sec.

 Huff huff… We finally separated. That was dangerous... I thought I’d die from happiness there for a second.

 Alright! let’s spread irresistible cuteness here so that Miyu’s classmates will want to come over often, and repay my master as much as I can!

 People say cats forget their favors in three days, but I’ll show you that I can be useful. So that from now on, Miyu will live forever healthy with no conflicts or sadness, just filled with peace and happiness.

 Three days later, Miyu’s friend came over to play… However…

 When I saw them, I thought, Are you serious?

 

 

 The following week. I’m sitting in a cat squat inside Miyu’s room, all fired up to fulfill my role as a host who welcomes the guests, but――

“Whoa! Wow! It really is a kitten! So cuuuute! What is this? Uwaah! If I hug it, it looks like it’ll breaak~! Uwaah!”

“It’s so tiny. Fluffy. Squishy paws. Slowly killing me,”

 ....……

 When she said her classmate is coming over, I imagined some elegant girl saying something like, Ohoho! Hello there little kitty-cat. My oh my, what lovely fur you have! Would you care for some sashimi? It’s top-quality fatty tuna.

“Wow wow! Can we pet her? Can we pet her? Thank yoouu! I’m so jealous you could keep a pet cat – she’s so adorbs! Squishy squishy squishy, squishy squishy squishy!”

 One of them had her hair tied up with a scrunchie and bright sparkling eyes; an energetic-looking girl wearing a camisole top with an almost too-short miniskirt – dangerous for cats since her panties, her panties were in full view from this angle! Troublesome, what a troublesome guest, aah so troublesome! I stored the image of her patterned panties in my memory.

 And? The other one?

“Her name is Tama? Hee… Tama...Tama hug. Slowly squish,”

 She had sleepy-looking eyes and an attitude that seemed more brazen than gentle. She had curled hair and slender white limbs with a clean, doll-like beautiful face – if she wore a dress, she would look like a princess from high society. But she’s wearing light clothing and a miniskirt revealing her flashy adult-like panties. It’s burned into my eyes.

 Seriously, both of them seemed like total gyarus!

“Ah, hey! Why are you running away? Furball, hey!”

“It’s ‘cause you’re forcing yourself to touch her Hinano. You have no love, love!”

 Is everything okay!? Miyu, you’re not being bullied by these two mini-gyarus, are you!?

 I let out an intimidation from the shadows, Fushaa! My initial welcoming spirit has vanished.

 Miyu beckons me to come over.

“It’s okay, Tama-chan. Both of them won’t be rough with you. `kay?”

 Uu, I can’t defy my master’s command...

 As I crawl out from under the table, the two girls introduce themselves.

“I’m Rinka. Haguro Rinka. Tama, nice to meet you~”

“I’m Shirahata Hinano. Pleased to meet you, furball.”

 The energetic one is Rinka and the brazen one is Hinano.

 Well, there aren’t any bad kids who can properly greet others like this. It’s not good to judge people by their appearances.

 Fine then. Although my body belongs only to Miyu, I don’t mind if you two touch me for a bit too.

 Just a little bit though – really just a tiny bit!

 When I stepped forward, both of these mini-gyarus grab onto my paws tightly.

 And then, they grin...

 Uh-oh.

“Squishy squishy squishy squishy squishy squishy squishy squishyy!”

“There there there there there there there there.”

 Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~~~~~~!!!

 A storm assaulted me as if I had been thrown into a drum-type washer dryer!

 Think about it – imagine the terror of having your hands grabbed by creatures much larger than you and being squeezed all over! And remember, even though I have fur on me, I am naked! Naked! Hey there little kids! Stop it! Please stop it right now! Stoooooooop!

 Such… such places! Miyu hasn’t even touched those before!

 ― Then, an eternity seemed to pass.

 Haa... haa... haa... ha...

 These two fifth-graders, they toyed with my pure body...

 They may look pretty on the outside, but their insides are completely devil-like... Miyu... be... care... ful… Gahh

 In front of me who’s collapsed, barely breathing and completely exhausted after what happened, the bullies were all smiles saying, That was so much fun!

“Hey, hey. The weather is nice, why don’t we go out and play?”

 Hehhee, Rinka takes out badminton rackets from her bag.

“Hey, Lessgo to the nearby park.”

“Nah, it’s tiring.”

“Eeeh.”

 Hinano sits cross-legged while opening up a teen fashion magazine. Legally seeing beautiful girl’s panties from here… My energy meter starts to slowly recover.

“Then Miyu, let’s play? Since we brought these rackets anyway, see?”

“Okay!”

 Miyu nodded but then her face darkened, “Ah, but...”

“I’ve never played it before... It might be boring playing with me...”

 She hung her head.

 That’s right, Miyu… Don’t play with these bullies… There are better people for you… Like a sheltered lady from a noble family…

 However, Rinka firmly grabs Miyu’s wrist! Grinning, as if to say “You’re not getting away,” like a female spider capturing their prey!

“I’ll teach you how to play! Okay? Come on, Hinano seems to want to stay here and read her magazine anyway.”

“…I never said I wasn’t going.”

“Oh? ‘that so? Well, either way is fine. Come on come on, Miyu too.”

 Then Miyu nodded as if she had gained courage from those words.

“O-Okay... Thank you, Rinka-chan.”

 Uu... Uu... The three of them went to the park...

 As it stands now, there’s no telling what could happen to Miyu…. I, I must protect my master…

 I moved my powerless body and decided to follow the three of them. Thankfully, I had learned the technique to unlock the window and go in and out for times like this.

 

 At the nearby park, Rinka and Miyu were playing badminton.

 Meanwhile hidden at the entrance of the park is me, secretly peeking them. It’s my first time sneaking out of the apartment, but when thinking about how they might make Miyu cry… I couldn’t keep getting scared…

 Fortunately, it’s not a windy day, so the shuttlecock bounced back and forth between them quite easily with a pon pon. It’s truly an idyllic and refreshing scenery.

“What’s this? Pretty good for your first time, Miyu!”

“I-Is is that so? Oh, but before I came here, I used to swam in rivers at the countryside where I lived, so maybe...”

 I didn’t know that!

“Ehh? Seriously? That’s sounds so funny! Amazing! Miyu, you’re interesting!”

 Blushing and embarrassed from the praise, Miyu looks adorable... No, wait, what is this girl trying to do by getting close to my Miyu...!?

 Hinano, who was swinging her legs on the bench, switch places with Rinka. And the three of them continue playing badminton until the sun sets.

 Cheerful and playful Rinka is always kind and acts like an older sister to Miyu. She gives her advice and teaches her how to play.

 In the beginning, Miyu was hesitant and nervous but by the end, she had a big smile on her face and looked genuinely happy.

 Could it be... Maybe Rinka isn’t really a bad girl after all?

 Perhaps when she turned me into a rag earlier, she just went a bit too far without any ill intent...

 Though I think I changed my opinion rather quickly, that’s what I ended up thinking.

 After all, she’s being so kind to Miyu who has always wanted friends. So, of course I want to believe that she’s not a bad girl.

“Phew, Let’s rest a bit. Hey Miyu, lessgo inside that bowl.”

“Okay!”

 Rinka pulled Miyu’s hand and they enter into what looks like an overturned bowl with holes. It’s one of those types where you can’t see inside from outside.

 Quietly, I sneaked around the back and peeked inside.

 There, Rinka and Miyu were holding hands next to each other. Ah, ah, elementary school girls holding hands... I feel a sense of reverence...

 No, no, it’s not what you think, okay? I’m just keeping an eye on those two to make sure they don’t do anything inappropriate to Miyu...!

“Hey hey, Hinanoo. Whaddya think? I’m ok with it but,”

“I was already thinking of doing it from the start. It was you Rin, who hesitated.”

“B-But inviting someone when you don’t know what kinda girl they are, weird right?”

“Well, yeah.”

 Miyu tilted her head in confusion. What are they talking about?

“It’s faster to show her, Rin.”

 Hinano closed the distance between her and Rinka.

 She hugged her shoulder and held her chin up to face her. Two beautiful girls looking at each other directly. What could this be?

 Could it be that they’re going to kiss?! No no, there’s no way! I have to control my imagination. But it’s hopeless for this yuri fan who immediately couples up girls when there are two of them.

 Rinka tries to shy away in embarrassment, but Hinano stops her.

“Ehh? Doing it suddenly is embarrassing... Besides, no need to put your hand on my cheek, I won’t run away.”

“Mood is important for everything.”

 Hinano gradually brought her face closer.

 No way. Huh, wait, no way? No, no way? Eh? no way, right?   

 Chu.

 The two touched their lips together.

 ――――――(Inaudible scream)

 What? What? What happened?

 Fifth-grade school girls just kissed, they really just kissed now. Seriously?

 Huh? Could this be some kind of spiritual phenomenon that only cats can see and these elementary school girls don’t actually exist? Because there shouldn’t be a convenient story like beautiful girls kissing for a yuri fan like me.

 Miyu covered her mouth with her hand, seemingly taken aback. It would appears she’s also seen it. Does that mean this is reality...? A real scene...?

 As if showing off, the two kissed their lips together multiple times with chu, chu. Uwaa, Uwaa... I never thought I would witness something like this in person... If I were human, I would shed tears of gratitude to the gods, but since I am currently a cat, all I can do is wag my tail around.

 After a while, Rinka pulled away and Hinano had a slightly disappointed look on her face.

“You closed your eyes again.”

“I-It’s fine! Look, Miyu was left behind!”

 Well, I was left behind too but no matter. Actually, it’s more like: how much money should I pay to see such a spectacle? Like that.

“Yeah. Here, look at this.”

 Hinano showed a magazine to Miyu who is sitting frozen in seiza position.

 There’s an article titled “Is elementary school too late? Friend-kissing advices.” Because cats have poor eyesight (about 0.1 equivalent to humans), I couldn’t really see the contents of the article well, but it seems quite extreme.

 F-Friend-kissing...? Is there such a culture...?

“Nowadays, if you’re going to kiss your boyfriend for the first time and you’re bad at it, ain’t that kinda uncool? That’s why we practice with friend-kissing!”

 Hehehe, Rinka said with an embarrassed smile while Miyu blushed as she peered into the magazine and muttered “Wa, waa...”

 What on earth...? Elementary schoolers these days have become so wild.

 But that means... Could it be that they’re plotting to make Miyu a kissing-friend...!?

 No, no, that’s absolutely not allowed!

 What are you talking about!? Are you stupid!? It’s Miyu’s first kiss! To think of taking it so casually is too enviabl― I mean, this cat won’t allow it! They probably figured anyone would do with their play and invited Miyu just because she doesn’t have any friends in class, right? I bristle my fur angrily.

 Although I was a little bewildered by the yuri-like scene with elementary school girls, I came here to protect Miyu. Yes, surely I am a knight of love who has been sent to guide my master into becoming a pure and proper girl.

 Even if stepping in now would result in being severely scolded for leaving the house on my own, I can’t pretend not to see this. Although they say cats forget their debts in three days, as a former human, I will continue to repay my debt to Miyu forever – Uoo!

 At that moment when I energetically stepped forward with my front paws,

 Hinano took Miyu’s hand.

“Miyuyu, you’re cute.”

 ――Wha...

“Hyah?”

 Miyu jumped up while still sitting in seiza position.

“I’ve thought so ever since you transferred here. Your face is exactly what I like. Looking up close, it’s certainly suits my taste.”

“T-Taste?”

 Hmm… Hmm…

 My yuri sensor is reacting strongly. Perhaps, I was wrong. Well, let’s observe the situation for now.

 I carefully pulled back my head while watching Miyu panicking and flustered.

“Hinano is severely into appearances. She’s soo insistent that she wants you Miyu.”

“I was aiming. If I’m going to kiss, I want to aim for the highest.”

“For me, I can’t decide based on just looks, so I kinda wanted to talk and see what sorta girl you are first. But today, after playing together, I felt kinda relieved… Like, if it’s Miyu, we could become kissing-friend or somethin’… Ah, this is kinda embarrassing.”

 Rinka scratches her cheek in embarrassment. It’s cute how she invites a girl to kiss and gets embarrassed... No no, that’s not what I mean. You’re wrong. That was just a momentary lapse!

“Ah, of course don’t worry if you say no, we won’t shun you or somethin’. We’re not mean girls or anything. So if you don’t want to,”

 Looking at Rinka waving her hands.

 W-Well…I do want to see Miyu kissing but I can’t force her into it. Although if she says she wants to do it, maybe I wouldn’t be able to stop her? It’s not like I want to see it or anything like that okay? But It’s…It’s, you know? (Glancing)

 The two of them probably just at that age where they want something exciting. That’s why Miyu, be firm here and refuse, then continue to have healthy relationships from tomorrow onwards.

“I-I might want to... try it…”

 Eh?! (Delighted)

 With cheeks red as apples, Miyu clenches her hands in front of her chest.

“I’ve never done it before, but you invited me to play badminton, and it was fun. So, with you two, even things I’ve never done before, it seem like they would be fun too… so...um,”

 Seriously?

 Eh? Wait... My heart’s starting to race.

“Quite naughty and promising for the future.”

“Dumbass.”

 Rinka lightly smacks Hinano’s head while Miyu’s face turns bright red.

 However, Hinano was unfazed. She quickly sits back down in front of Miyu.

“Then, let’s do your first kiss.”

“N-Now...?”

“For Miyuyu it’s ‘now’, but for me it’s ‘finally’.”

 Miyu quivered slightly as Hinano tucks Miyu’s hair behind her ear and strokes her earlobe.

 Eh, wait, I’m not ready yet!

 My honor student master is going to have her lips stolen by a gyaru and that’s, that’s crazy! Where’s my smartphone! Let me record it!

“A-Ah...”

“Your ears, it’s beautiful. Your neck too, it’s thin and white.”

 Hinano’s faint smile is so dazzling that she didn’t seem like a fifth-grade girl at all.

“Hyah, that’s…”

“Your eyebrows is cute. I like them. Your lips too, they’re soft.”

 Hinano strokes Miyu’s blooming sakura-colored lips with her finger, making her to blush all the way up to her ears.

“If you can charm that much, Hinano, do you even need this kissing practice?”

“Mood matters in everything. It’s the accumulation of daily efforts.”

 Hinano responds nonchalantly to Rinka who was looking at them with amazement and embarrassment.

 Eventually, their distance slowly closes bit by bit. Miyu tightly shut her eyes.

Mn

 Lips and lips gently touch each other.

 I unconsciously held my breath.

 S-Somehow, I feel like I’m witnessing something amazing…

 Miyu was so tense it hurt and that tension transmitted over here somehow made it feel very real. Amazing. Dangerous. Amazing. (Loss of vocabulary)

 Hinano stroked Miyu’s cheek with the back of her hand,

“You’re too stiff, It won’t feel good for either of us if you’re like this. Relax, relax.”

“E-Even if you say that... Ehh, ahaha, no, stoop~ don’t~”

 Right after tickling Miyu’s armpits which caused her body to jump up, Hinano kissed her again.

 This time longer than before, savoring it just like a sweet shortcake. Continued, she pressed her lips against Miyu’s over and over again making chu, chu sounds.

 Fuaaah...

 The overwhelming preciousness makes me go all limp.

 By any chance, when all these cats sprawled out on the ground, maybe they actually just witnessed elementary school girls’ yuri kissing...? Such funny thought crossed my mind when Rinka, seemingly running out of patience, tapped Hinano’s shoulder a few times.

“Hey, ain’t that too long? I’m next, right? Even though it was me who asked Miyu to play,”

“I was the one who suggested about kissing-friends.”

“B-But, I was the one who started talkin’ to her! Come on, it’s over, it’s over already, jeez!”

 Rinka cuts in between them.

 Haa, Haa, with a face flushed like she had fever, Miyu takes heavy breaths. Rinka puffs up her cheeks slightly.

“L-Look at her Hinano! You’ve exhausted Miyu! Hey, Miyu? You okay?”

“Y-Yeah... Sorry... It’s just... Kind of feels floaty...”

“That’s... fine but,”

 Mm, Miyu looks upwards. Knowing that she would be kissed by Rinka next, she offered her lips herself. Oh no! My quiet master has already know the taste after just one kiss and wants to taste it again? Isn’t this too erotic? Is this yuri paradise?

 Rinka grasped her thin wrist and slowly brings her body closer,

 And then, she suddenly stops right there.

 Her eyes are swimming around as if thinking “what should I do?” Perhaps Hinano’s voice saying mood matters in everything is echoing in her head. But even if you say mood... mood...

 For a while Rinka stays frozen.

 What is mood anyway…? mood… Her eyes catch sight of an open magazine page featuring love stories for elementary students.

 The moment Miyu opened her eyes slightly wondering if it’s time yet, Rinka gathers her courage with a face that says “screw it.”

“Miyu, I love you.”

“――”

 Lips and lips touched each other.

 At that moment, a hymn flowed through my mind.

 Ooo, Oo God... Hallelujah...

 They separated their lips simultaneously and stared at each other with blank faces.

 With expressions as if nothing else existed in the world except for each other...

 Clap, clap, a modest clapping sound brought them back to reality.

“Wonderful. A confession of love.”

 Rinka’s face turned explosively red.

“I-It just slipped out! It’s ‘cause you’re so annoying Hinano!”

“My heart was pounding. Next time do it for me too.”

“No way! Absolutely no way!”

 Still in a daze, Miyu continued to touch her own lips.

 That gesture somehow seemed very sensual... It’s like she had dashed up the stairs to adulthood.

 So this is friend-kissing huh? Amazing. I want it to spread all over the world. Let’s put it in textbooks!

“...Well, for now,”

 Rinka extended her hand,

“With this, we’re kissing-friends so... let’s get along from now, Miyu.”

“Let’s get along,”

 Hinano also did the same,

 After blinking several times, Miyu finally smiled and said “Okay.”

“Then one more time”

“A-Again?”

“Jeez, it’s already time to go home Hinano.”

“That’s because we were playing badminton...”

“My first badminton game was fun!”

 Surrounded by arguing friends, Miyu had a bright smile on her face.

 Afterwards they kissed several times until it got dark before heading home together. As for me, I have to go home quickly or else I can’t get inside because all windows will be locked tightly.

 For the time being, yeah, I’m glad that Miyu seems to have made friends. This should mean she won’t be alone at school anymore. Well, as Miyu’s knight, I’m a bit worried... But I’ll keep watching over her.

 As for my yuri fan side...

 That’s… yes... okay.

 Being reborn as a cat and getting fed just by rolling around every day. On top of that, being the pet of a beautiful elementary school girl and even being able to see beautiful elementary school girls kissing each other... was my previous life Gandhi or something?

 I’m so happy it’s scary.

 

 

 Rinka and Hinano continued to visit frequently afterwards.

 It’s good that Master Miyu looks happy but it’s tough for me. If these two caught me, it wouldn’t just be a joke, I would nearly be killed.

 However, if I pretend to put up my claws in a threatening manner or act like “I’m going to bite through your flesh down to the bone!”, They gradually started understanding moderation.

 Being stroked really feels good. It makes me purr and feel sleepy right away. They say cats sleep for two-thirds of the day and it’s honestly true that I start feeling sleepy quickly.

 But I can’t. Not when Rinka and Hinano come over to play, I must not get sleepy.

 Because,

“Hey Tama-chan, could you go outside for a bit...? Sorry about this okay?”

 I get locked out of the room by Miyu which makes me think, This is it!

 Yes, when kissing, Miyu gets embarrassed even if her pet cat sees her! Friend-kissing happens only within their secret garden!

 I pretend to go outside then sneak back into the room again...

 No, this is... well... I’m just keeping an eye on them to make sure those two don’t lead Miyu down the wrong path, okay!?

 Two months have passed since their first visit, and the season is now summer. Rinka is wearing a sleeveless shirt with lots of gyaru-like ribbons, while Hinano is in a similar but overly-long sleeve shirt.

 Miyu’s room had a bed, study desk, and a large bookshelf. The bookshelf is filled with many children’s books she had bought at the time when she didn’t have friends. That said, Miyu actually doesn’t like reading that much, she prefers playing outside.

“How do I look? I tried putting on some makeup, see?”

“Wow! Amazing! Rinka-chan you look so grown-up!”

“Hehe, right right? Y’know, in the future, I wanna run a gyaru-fashion shop! Doesn’t making cute clothes and stuff sounds fun?”

 Rinka makes the gyaru peace sign gleefully. I don’t think elementary schoolers need makeup but Rinka trying to act mature is very adorable indeed.

“I tried putting glitter on my nails.”

“Woow! Cutee!”

 Hinano raises her back hand and flutters it around. She’s cute too... very cute... It’s soo adorable when little girls get excited like this...

“Should I do yours next time Miyu? Oh, maybe it’d be more fun if you did it yourself?”

“That’s not allowed.”

“Wha- Why not Hinano?”

“Miyuyu is perfect just as she is now. I like her face.”

“Hey! Miyu doesn’t just belong to you, y’know!?”

 Now now,” Miyu’s main role seems to be calming down these two when they start arguing like this. At school, they’re probably like this too most of the time. As long as Miyu looks happy then everything else doesn’t matter.

 Hinano grasped Miyu’s finger tightly with her glittery fingertip.

 The upturned eyes she gives is making even a kitten like me couldn’t help but be enchanted by her cuteness.

“Hey Miyuyu. Today let’s start from you.”

 The fingers of the two fifth-grade schoolers entwined together, hand in hand just like lovers.

 Starting from Miyuyu? What does she mean by starting from Miyuyu?! My heart is pounding uncontrollably.

“Okay~ Hinano-chan, you’re really cute~”

“~~~~~.....!”

“What’s with that groan Hinano?”

“I’m not embarrassed or anything. I know I’m cute.”

“Oh? Your ears are completely red.”

“I said I’m not embarrassed!”

 Miyu seemed happily giggling.

“Your nails are very cute too. Sparkly and perfect for you Hinano-chan. I like it.”

“...Y-Yeah..”

 Hinano gives a signaling glance to Miyu. This is the sign that she wants to be kissed...

 Whether she knows it or not, Miyu continues to cheerfully shower Hinano with praise.

 Hinano, who always emphasizes how important mood is, now dying of embarrassment from the mood...

 Miyu’s attack is so strong. Is she the top?

“Miyuyu, I thought you were modest and reserved but... I was wrong...”

“Is that so?”

“Yes... I can’t afford to lose either... Must try my best too.”

 Miyu must have been a cheerful and bright girl before transferring here. And lately it seems like she’s finally getting back to her true self which is a good thing.

“Jeez, let’s just do it already… Mn… Mn,

“Okay… Mnn…

 Chu, hey kissed. Their small lips touched each other. Both of them looked happy as they gaze at each other shyly afterwards.

“Friend-kissing is nice, isn’t it? It feels like we’re expressing a lot to each other.”

“Yeah. It feels good. I like it.”

“Ehehe... “

 Then, Rinka hugged the embarrassed Miyu from behind.

 When standing side by side, Rinka is taller so she looks a bit like the older sister.

“Okay, it’s my turn now.”

“Mnn”

Mn

 As Miyu puckered her lips, Rinka kissed her as if covering her.

 These elementary school girls have been smooching each other as if it’s just another part of their daily routine...

 How indecent… Absolutely wonderful…

 Hinano pointed her finger at them looking dissatisfied.

“The mood. The mood.”

“Ain’t this nice being kissed from behind?”

 Yeah,” Miyu nodded at the smirking Rinka but...

“You didn’t say ‘I love you’ again.”

“I ain’t said it since the first time, have I!?”

“Even though my heart was pounding back then...”

“It has nothin’ to do with your heart racing!”

 Hinano made a circle with her fingers and continued,

“I don’t mind if a girl likes another girl, so you don’t need to hide your feelings. Oh but Rin, I know how you feel but I still want to keep kissing Miyuyu. Because I like her face.”

“Sometimes, it’s just so darn tiring talking to you...”

 Haaah, Rinka let out a big sigh… Suddenly her eyes met with Miyu’s who was smiling at her before giving a quick kiss.

“There there, Rinka-chan.”

“Nn... ‘kay.”

 Hinano pointed her beautiful finger at Rinka.

“Does getting kissed makes you docile? That’s like a wild beast.”

“I swear, I’m seriously gonna teach you a lesson next time!”

“B-Both of you...”

 The mysterious power balance formed by the trio continued just like this.

 Every day, I eagerly awaited Miyu’s return so she could give me her report of the day about Rinka and Hinano.

 The three were always together, sometimes they played at home, sometimes they tried too hard and got scolded for it, play badminton in the park, shared secret kisses here and there, and little by little, they grew up.

 More than anything, I was glad that Miyu seemed to be having fun every day and no longer looked gloomy.

 

“Hey Tama-chan,”

 That night. Miyu, who is lying on the bed, told me this as I curled up on the floor.

“Tama-chan, you helped me make friends. Tama-chan is like my beckoning cat, isn’t it?”

 Whether their current indecent relationship can be considered as proper friendship or not is another question. However, because of that secret they share, their bond felt stronger than anyone else’s.

 Embarrassingly when my little master thanked me, I felt like crying a little (Though as a cat I couldn’t cry.)

 On that rainy day when I was almost dying, Miyu was indeed my savior goddess. If I could be of any help to her, then nothing would make me happier.

 I let out a small meow, nyaa.

 Indeed, I am the beckoning cat. No matter what happens in future, I have decided to bring good fortunes for my master Miyu!

 ...For now, I guess I’ll start by scrounging around the house and collecting any coins that have dropped under the shelves or somewhere. Yes, indeed, I am bringing good fortune. Physically!

 

 

 Time seems to pass quicker when you’re a cat because our waking hours are short.

 Also, not having to worry about food, clothing, or shelter plays a big part. It’s the same as when I was living like a NEET during the final days of my college. A month can go by in the blink of an eye when all you do is eat and sleep...

 And now, my master Miyu has already become a sixth-grader.

 
On one winter day, everyone is doing their homework while gathering around the kotatsu table in the living room.

 If I too joined them under the kotatsu, then I would just become a furball peeking at everyone’s panties. Instead, I took up position in front of the stove which is warm and feels like heaven.

“Like I said Hinano, this part here,”

“Oh I see?”

“...Are you even listening?”

 Rinka raised her eyes. Since Hinano hardly ever listens to people, her school grades are below average. She’s the type of person who only puts effort during exam times which somehow gets her through, but she might struggle once she enters middle school.

 Both Miyu and Rinka are rather dexterous, so their grades are good. Surprisingly, Rinka has even ranked first in her grade before.

My big sis once told me, if we wanna do something different from others, then we gotta take care of what we should be doing properly first. I mean, I’m into fashion and all, but that doesn’t mean I want people thinking I’m dumb, she shared. Contrary to her appearance, she’s quite a hard worker. Commendable and admirable.

 Apparently, Rinka and Hinano know each other because their older sisters were friends, and as expected, they were both also gyarus, so that’s where the influence came from.

“If you can’t study this much, you might not end up goin’ to the same middle school as us, yeah?”

“Then I’ll get a job.”

“What kinda job is there for elementary school graduates these days?”

“There’s a cafe called Benjamin Baroque in Nichome. They seem to hire even middle school girls.”

 I was startled by the familiar name.

 Benjamin Baroque is the name of a coffee shop I used to frequent when I was still alive. It’s managed by a woman who loves yuri, and even the customers who gathered there were also yuri fans, so Hinano will likely be treated kindly there.

 But I insisted no. No matter how much it’s Hinano, I feel reluctant about offering my master’s friend up as a sacrifice to adults...

“Look, Hinano-chan, even Tama says no. Let’s study properly and go to the same school together! Come on! hold your pen, yes, straighten up now, like that.”

“Ugh... so pushy…”

 Pushed on the back by Miyu, Hinano reluctantly turned to her notebook. Seeing this, Rinka looked surprised.

“That was amazing Miyu.”

“Eh? What was?”

“No, I mean… You look kinda… like a mom or somethin’. Honestly, I was worried if you’re okay being a class rep, but turns out you’re more than okay which is surprising.”

“Like a mom? I’m the same age as you two though.”

“Just a metaphor, a metaphor.”

“Mamaa, Mama-Miyuyu~”

“Don’t you get carried away now.”

 Hinano clung onto Miyu’s waist which led Rinka to chop her back lightly.

 Miyu apparently ran for class representative at her elementary school because she thought “It seemed interesting,” and the teacher being teacher, they seems to depend on her, who could make the two brats Rinka-Hinano to behave and listen. Is she their golden headband who keep them under control or something?

 I don’t really have the image of Rinka or Hinano as brats... Are they different at school? Anyway...

“Mamaa, kiss~”

“Jeez.”

 Miyu kissed Hinano’s forehead, to which Hinano looked unsatisfied.

“Tama-chan is here. You can get kisses after you finish your homework or when we get into middle school, ‘kay?”

“That’s sooo looong...”

 Hinano rises like a zombie.

 Perhaps both of them behave obediently in front of Miyu… because if they upset her, she wouldn’t give them kisses…? maybe it’s something like that...

 Rinka who was silently watching the lovey-dovey interaction between Miyu and Hinano charged and inserted herself between them.

“Crowded.”      

“You should be studying. Want me to teach you?”

“I’d feel annoyed being taught by you.”

“What with that attitude! I’m just worried ‘bout you, y’know!? Honestly...”

 Rinka turned towards Miyu,

“Wanna know something interesting? Why Hinano hates closin’ eyes when kissing? This girl, she likes seeing her own reflection in other people’s eyes! Ain’t that too narcissistic? Riight? Hinanoo?”

“Yeah.”

 Without any rebuttal, Hinano nodded as if it was something obvious. Geh, Rinka groaned while Miyu laughed.

“Being that fond of yourself, I’m envious.”

“Aren’t you taking it too positively?”

“But, the second thing I love most in this world is Miyuyu.”

 Miyu blushed at that comment while Rinka pulled on Hinano’s cheek, looking unamused.

“So what rank am I then?”

“Hmm... about 280,000th place, I guess.”

“Oh I see, well it’s been fun so far, Hinano. Don’t lose that energy in middle school too!”

“But isn’t it amazing to be ranked 280,000th out of 7 billion people in the world?”

“They ain’t even around you!”

“Ouchie ouchie,”

 As Rinka and Hinano were having their friendly? back-and-forths, Miyu watches them enviously.

“It must be nice being childhood friends.”

“Actually see, we first met when we were in third grade so it ain’t much different from meeting you Miyu. Besides, don’t your friends come over from your hometown?”

“The thing is, there were only around ten students at the school where I lived.”

“Whoa, that’s wild. So it’s like that huh?”

“Yeah, and there weren’t any kids close to my age either, so calling them ‘friends’ might not exactly be right? More like older or younger sisters? That’s why, playing with you two is really fun!”

“Humm...”

 Rinka looked at her fondly.

 With her fingers which has grown up since last year, she gently stroked the back of Miyu’s ears.

“Not just playing, this kinda thing is fun too, isn’t it?”

 Being stared at directly, Miyu nodded shyly.

“Y-Yes... It’s fun but...”

“But?”

“It’s not just fun, I think. My heart race a little too… Ehehe...”

 Chu, Rinka kissed Miyu with an experienced movement.

 Right there before my very eyes! So boldly!

 I tossed and turned while hiding under the bed. If I’m a human, I wouldn’t have been able to see a kiss this close! I’m so glad I’m a cat~~~!

 “Hmm,” in front of the two who were now staring at each other like they’re at a pillow talk, Hinano furrowed her brows.

“...What? Hinano?”

“Nothing, just thinking ‘how nice’ after hearing about the heart-racing thing.”

“You don’t feel it Hinano-chan?”

 Upon being asked, Hinano pressed her lips onto Miyu, and then also on Rinka, as if she was trying to confirm something. A sudden double kiss! Thank you very much.

“......D-Don’t just suddenly kiss me like that, Hinano.”

“Did your heart race?”

“......It’s embarrassing, but yeah, it does race. Not just with Miyu but also when kissing with you Hinano.”

“I seee. I feel good, but not sure if it’s heart-racing...”

 Hinano tilted her head in thought.

 But soon, she raised a finger as if remembering something,

“When Rin said ‘I love you’ to Miyuyu that time, my heart raced. So look,”

“...What are you trying to say?”

“Do it again please.”

“Do I look like I’d do something just ‘cause someone told me to? Dumbass!”

 Rinka pushed both of Hinano’s cheeks with the palm of her hand. Having the face she loves the most in the world get distorted, Hinano is angry.

“But you girls getting your heart race from kissing other girls, aren’t both of you too lewd?“

“L-Lewd...? Hinano-chan...”

“You seriously need to shut up.”

 Averting her gaze from Rinka, who is glaring at her while blushing, Hinano stares into the distance.

“I wish I had something that make my heart race.”

 Seeing her absent-minded expression,

“What’s up with that look? Even though you’re still a kid.”

“Yeah but, so far, nothing has made my heart race.”

 Hinano said indifferently.

 Somehow, I felt my chest tighten.

 It’s really lonely to hear a sixth-grader say that there’s nothing that makes her heart race anymore.

 Miyu gripped Hinano’s hand tightly.

“There is, definitely! Once we become middle schoolers, Hinano-chan, there will definitely be lots of things that make your heart race!”

“...Really?”

“Yes, absolutely! Right? Rinka-chan?”

“Hmm, yeah.”

 Rinka also put her hand on Hinano’s shoulder.

“If us three are goin’ to the same school, then it’s obvious there’ll be lots of fun things. That’s a given.”

“Not ‘fun’, I said ‘heart-racing’.”

“There are plenty, definitely. Maybe you’ll even meet some cool boys? Not that I know though.”

“I’ve never seen a boy with a face I like.”

“What about celebs? Like Johnny’s?”

“I prefer Miyuyu over them.”

 Hinano said nonchalantly, but isn’t that completely yuri...?

 Though, for her, it’s probably just means “I like what I like.”

“I’m not that cute~”

“Yeah, I know. Being cute and being someone’s type are different.”

“What’s with you? Isn’t that cruel in its own way?”

 Rinka stares at her with reproachful eyes.

 But Hinano just chuckled softly,

“Well, thanks, both of you. Guess I’ll live with hope.”

 Feels like she’s saying something wild… But the two seemed happy anyway.

“Yeah!”

“...Yea, so come on Hinano. Studyy”

 Rinka gave mechanical pencil to Hinano.

 Haah, with a sigh, Hinano looked at me resentfully,

“Lucky you furball. You just sleep, wake up, roll around all day and get fed, right? Isn’t that heaven?”

 Ha-ha-ha. Exactly.

 Nyaa, I meowed in triumph. On top of all that, I even got doted on all day and night by a beautiful master!

“Somehow, I feel irritated...”

 Ah! Did she somehow understand my thoughts!? Hey, wait! Please don’t pull my tail! It’ll breeeaaakkk!!

 Afterwards, Hinano seriously studied. She says a lot of things with her mouth, but in the end, I think she cares deeply about Miyu and Rinka.

 

 

 Thus, when it was about time I stopped being called a kitten, the three of them went to the same middle school. (Of course including Hinano too.)

 

 At middle school there will be a clear distinction between upperclassmen and underclassmen. So to make sure Miyu doesn’t have any unpleasant experiences, I must protect her! …right?

 That being said, now that Miyu is going to become independent soon, I renewed my determination.

 I’m going to travel outside for the first time since that day, and––

 ––Infiltrate into her middle school it is!


Prev        Table of Contents       Next 

Comments

Post a Comment